Take back control of your Facebook Timeline and tell Facebook you are tired of seeing crap from all these click-bait websites. This is what you do:
1) When you see a lame post, look in the upper-right corner and you will see a tiny down-arrow.
2) Click that and a menu drops down.
3) In that menu, you will see “I don’t want to see this”. Click that!!!
4) In some cases, where there is a link to an outside website, you may also see, “Hide All From…” That is also a good option. (I did this for Upworthy and many other clickbait sites.)
5) After you click that, Facebook might ask you why you don’t want to see it. If you want to give feedback, I encourage you to do so.
I have been doing this for a couple weeks now and my timeline is much cleaner. Now it is mostly actual updates from friends and much less links to junk. via Facebook